You can make a difference!
We can use all the help we can get in the fight against breast cancer. You can help with donations,
but there also are many other ways in which you can express your support.
Show you care and organise an event alone or together with friends and family. Get your colleagues together,
get your company involved, or join forces with your neighbours. Anything goes, so organise a brainstorming session and get to work!
Dedicate your special day to Pink Ribbon!
Make your birthday, your anniversary, the birth of your first child or the commemoration of a loved one extra special and raise money for Pink Ribbon.
Take action now!
Let your creativity flow and roll up your sleeves. You can bake cookies, make key chains, knit scarves, organise an exhibition or have a garage sale. Be inspired by numerous examples.
Give a ribbon some love!
Each person affected by breast cancer has their own unique story. That is why we asked (former) breast cancer patients what their ideal Pink Ribbon would look like. You can find the results and their own stories on our new platform. One by one courageous testimonies with a matching ribbon. Which story moves you the most? Show your support by sponsoring that ribbon!
I support a ribbon!
Join The Pink Walk!
Take on the challenge with us and walk 10,000 steps a day in October. Tell breast cancer to take a hike and register yourself, your friends, family and colleagues for the 6th edition of The Pink Walk. Join the fight against breast cancer by getting more physically active!
1 in 9 women get breast cancer
A disease with breathtaking figures
100,000 courageous women are currently fighting breast cancer in Belgium. About 10,500 patients get diagnosed every year in this country. That means 29 new diagnoses a day. 1 in 9 women will develop breast cancer over the course of a lifetime. This makes breast cancer the most common form of cancer in both younger and older women.
So how we will use your donation or
event in our fight against breast cancer?
It means a lot to Pink Ribbon that people want to join our fight against breast cancer. We use the money collected from the donations and events for various specific projects.
- For example, we support Belgian drop-in centres that offer professional support to cancer patients during and after treatment.
- Our “Geknipt voor haar”/“Coupe de coeur” initiative offers financial help for the purchase of a wig and funds scalp cooling systems for Belgian hospitals to limit hair loss.
- We train walking coaches who help patients and other breast buddies get enough exercise.
- The Mammoquiz aims to inform both men and women about breasts, breast cancer and the 9 warning signs of the disease.
- We support various studies by the Belgian Cancer Registry to improve the quality of (cancer) care in this country.
- The Family Hope project lets young women know how they can have children when living with breast cancer.
- Our annual magazine provides information and raises awareness, and patients can find each other on our website and social media.
So many more great projects are waiting for your support.
Keep me posted on all these worthwhile initiatives.
Rest assured, we will not bombard you with newsletters. But we will keep you informed on the latest initiatives and the best events by Pink Ribbon to show you what your support is achieving.