When can I register for The Pink Walk?
Registration for the 4th edition of The Pink Walk from 1 to 31 October 2021 opens in September.
What's new about The Pink Walk platform for October?
- Levels: From now on, you will receive personal badges when you reach the next level. Everyone should be able to pass levels 1 and 2, even if you are not an experienced walker. Levels 3 to 5 are for those with an active lifestyle who like to work those legs every day. Levels 6 to 8 are for walkers who want to spend some serious effort and time walking this October to cover some extra miles. And level 9 and 10 are for the really advanced hikers.
- Teams are the heart and soul of The Pink Walk. From now on all team members can pay their own contribution. Of course, if you prefer to pay for the entire team via the team captain, you can still do that too!
- Get sponsored! Feel like going for it individually or with a team? You can now attract sponsoring for your efforts or those of your team.
- We have also performed a whole range of smaller, technical optimisations that you will come across along the way or maybe not at all. Our main aim is to make every edition go more smoothly thanks to you the participants and their suggestions!
How much does it cost to participate in The Pink Walk?
To join The Pink Walk, you pay €10 as an individual participant, plus a small contribution of approximately €1 per person to help improve the platform. When you register with a team of 5 or more people, you pay €8 per participant, plus the same small contribution per person for the platform.
Please note: when registering with a team, you only get this reduced entry fee when you pay for all team members yourself. When you add team members afterwards, they have to pay the normal entry fee of €10.
How can I register to participate in The Pink Walk as an individual?
Go to https://pinksupport.pink-ribbon.be/event/the-pink-walk and click on “Register” at the top right. Then choose “Register as an individual”.
How can I register to participate in The Pink Walk as a team?
Go to https://pinksupport.pink-ribbon.be/event/the-pink-walk and click on "Register" at the top right. Then click on "Register a team", then choose whether your team will have more, or less, than 5 people and go through the steps that are shown next.
How can I register to participate in The Pink Walk as a company?
Go to https://pinksupport.pink-ribbon.be/event/the-pink-walk and click on "Register" at the top right. Then click on "Register a company", then choose whether to pay online or by invoice, and go through the steps shown next.
Once we have registered, do we always have to find a time to walk together as a group/team to participate?
No, that's not necessary. The platform will automatically add up all your individual steps.
Can I join an existing team (if I already registered previously)?
Yes, you can. Great news! We added this feature to the new platform in October.
Can I add additional team members to an existing team or company?
The team captain can add additional team members at any time on https://pinksupport.pink-ribbon.be/login/team/members page by clicking on "Add Team Member" at the bottom. The new team member will have to pay for this participation themselves. Attention: Teams with more than 5 members can register at the preferential rate, but if they add team members afterwards, then these members will pay the normal rate of €10.
Which pedometers (or fitness app) can I connect?
You can connect the FitBit's smartwatches directly to the platform. (Another option is to install the free app Map My Fitness on your smartphone). In the previous years events you were able to connect with Google Fit, this is no longer possible with this years event. However, you still can use Google Fit to track your steps and enter them manually afterwards.
I don't have a pedometer. Can I still participate?
You can also enter your steps manually.
How does it work?
You can easily register all the steps you walked in October on the renewed Pink Walk platform. Pink Ribbon will add them up for you and show the results. You can follow and compare your progress individually, as a team or as a company.
Will I receive a tax receipt for my registration fee?
No, you cannot get a tax certificate for your registration fee. However, on the "Make a gift" page on the King Baudouin Foundation website (https://donate.kbs-frb.be/actions/F-PinkRibbon) you can make a donation to Pink Ribbon which is tax deductible. Please note: donations are tax deductible from €40.
Should I take 10,000 steps a day? I want to enter my own goal.
This is possible. You don't have to register 10,000 steps a day, you can enter your own goal instead.
What are the payment options?
You can pay in three different ways:
- With your credit card (visa/mastercard): The payment system will always ask for your CVC code and you will also have to confirm the payment with a card reader.
- With your Maestro card: The payment system will always ask for your CVC code. This is the last 3 digits of your card number (17 digits). You will also have to confirm the payment with a card reader.
- You can also pay using Paypal.
It is not possible to pay with Bancontact/QR-code.
Why can't I see myself on the scoreboard?
Your company will only appear once you have registered your first steps. If no steps are recorded, you will not appear on the leaderboard.
Why can't I see my team on the scoreboard?
Your team only appears once one of your teammates has taken the first step. If your team has not recorded any steps, you will not appear on the leaderboard.
Why can't I see my company on the scoreboard?
Your company will only appear once one of your colleagues has taken the first steps. If your company has not recorded any steps you will not appear on the leaderboard.
How can I join an existing team?
If you know the team leader, he/she can give you a link to join the team. You can also go to the team's page on the platform. If the team is public, you will see a "Join us" button.
Can I get a tax certificate for a sponsorship?
You cannot get a tax certificate for sponsoring a team, an individual or a company. However, on the "Make a donation" page of Pink Ribbon (https://pink-ribbon.be/steun-ons/doe-een-donatie) you can make a donation which is then tax deductible. Please note: donations are tax deductible from €40.
Can I sponsor without participating?
Yes! This is new for this edition! You can choose to sponsor an individual, a team or a company. Note: you will not receive a tax certificate for this. However, on the "Make a donation" page of Pink Ribbon (https://pink-ribbon.be/steun-ons/doe-een-donatie) you can make a donation which is then tax deductible. Please note: donations are tax deductible from €40.
I can already see steps. Isn't this unfair?
The Pink Walk will officialy start on 1 October. Today, anyone who wants to, can already register and fill in their steps. This way, we give everyone time to register and to learn how to work with the new platform. During the night between 30 September and 1 October, all counters will be set to ‘O’. Only then will we officially start keeping track of how many steps you take individually, per team or as a company.
I gave a goal of 10.000 steps per day, but my personal page shows 310.000 steps. Why is this?
Your personal page shows your end goal. If you take 10.000 steps a day, you will have taken 310.000 steps by the end of the month.
My company has created a profile with an invoice and has registered me as an employee. I still get a payment screen. Why is this?
Your company admin has received a company code. This is a unique code which your company uses to pay for your participation. You enter this code as a discount code. The amount of €10 should now have changed to €0. This completes the payment section. If you have not received this code, please ask your company admin for it.
My individual scoreboard is correct, but the number of steps in my team is too low. Why is this?
The individual scoreboard gives an overview of how many steps each participant has taken. On the team scoreboard, we do not divide the total number of steps. To make a fair comparison between the different teams, the average number of steps per team member is taken here. So a team of 2 people can be compared with one of 20.
My individual scoreboard is correct, but the number of steps in my company is too low. Why is this?
The individual scoreboard gives an overview of how many steps each participant has taken. On the team scoreboard, we do not divide the total number of steps. To make a fair comparison between the different teams, the average number of steps per team member is taken here. So a company of 2 people can be compared with one of 20.
Why does it say that my goal is 310.000 steps? When I change it to 10.000, nothing happens.
It is correct that on your personal page the goal is 310.000 steps if you want to take 10.000 a day in October. This is your final goal. So if you take 10.000 steps a day, you will have taken 310.000 steps by the end of the month.
How do I connect Map My Fitness?
- Log in to your account from your desktop and go to 'add steps'.
- Click on 'MapMyFitness'.
- Do you already have a MapMyFitness account?
- Then log in with your username or log in through Facebook.
- Don't have a MapMyFitness account yet?
- Click on 'New to MapMyFitness? Join Now'.
- Enter your details. Read the information and tick both boxes for acceptance.
- Click on 'create account' and you will be automatically directed to your account on the Pink March page.
- Download the MapMyFitness in the App or Play Store from your mobile phone.
- Click on 'Existing Users' and sign in.
- Go to settings, choose 'Walk' as activity.
- After this, your MapMyFitness is connected to the online De Roze Mars platform.
Note: the app only logs activity when you click 'Start workout'.
How do I connect my fitbit?
- Go to 'Add steps'.
- Click on 'Fitbit'
- Download the Fitbit application from the App or PlayStore via your mobile.
- After that, you have 2 options:
- You are already a member and can log in with your Fitbit account.
- You are not yet a member so you need to register first.
- Choose the device you want to connect to or choose the 'Not yet a Fitbit' option.
- Give Fitbit access to your movement information.
- Enter your account information (name, email, password) and continue.
- If you don't have a Fitbit yet, complete the other information (birthday, height, gender, weight).
- Confirm the account and read the privacy terms. Your account is now ready to use.
- Register or log in to the online ‘The Pink March platform’.
- Go to Add steps. You will see that your Fitbit is now connected to the online The Pink March Platform.