You can make a difference!
We can use all the help we can get in the fight against breast cancer. You can help with donations,
but there also are many other ways in which you can express your support.
Show you care and organise an event alone or together with friends and family. Get your colleagues together,
get your company involved, or join forces with your neighbours. Anything goes, so organise a brainstorming session and get to work!
Walk towards a healthy lifestyle!
Join the fight against breast cancer by getting more physically active and continue to walk more throughout the day even. Because together we send breast cancer walking!
Walk for Pink Ribbon
On Whit Monday, May 29, put on your walking shoes and join the very first Walk for Pink Ribbon. Come and enjoy the beautiful nature that Hoge Kempen National Park has to offer, along with various tourist attractions. Sign up, because you really don't want to miss this day!
Together we tell breast cancer to take a hike!
Give a ribbon some love!
Each person affected by breast cancer has their own unique story. That is why we asked (former) breast cancer patients what their ideal Pink Ribbon would look like. You can find the results and their own stories on our new platform. One by one courageous testimonies with a matching ribbon. Which story moves you the most? Show your support by sponsoring that ribbon!
Take action now!
Let your creativity flow and roll up your sleeves. You can bake cookies, make key chains, knit scarves, organise an exhibition or have a garage sale. Be inspired by numerous examples.
1 in 9 women get breast cancer
A disease with breathtaking figures
100,000 courageous women are currently fighting breast cancer in Belgium. About 10,500 patients get diagnosed every year in this country. That means 29 new diagnoses a day. 1 in 9 women will develop breast cancer over the course of a lifetime. This makes breast cancer the most common form of cancer in both younger and older women.
Do your bit
To help these women, non-profit organisation Pink Ribbon has launched several projects to improve the medical treatment of breast cancer and increase the quality of life of breast cancer patients. Become a donor to support these projects.
So how we will use your donation or
event in our fight against breast cancer?
It means a lot to Pink Ribbon that people want to join our fight against breast cancer. We use the money collected from the donations and events for various specific projects.
- For example, we support Belgian drop-in centres that offer professional support to cancer patients during and after treatment.
- Our “Geknipt voor haar”/“Coupe de coeur” initiative offers financial help for the purchase of a wig and funds scalp cooling systems for Belgian hospitals to limit hair loss.
- We train walking coaches who help patients and other breast buddies get enough exercise.
- The Mammoquiz aims to inform both men and women about breasts, breast cancer and the 9 warning signs of the disease.
- We support various studies by the Belgian Cancer Registry to improve the quality of (cancer) care in this country.
- The Family Hope project lets young women know how they can have children when living with breast cancer.
- Our annual magazine provides information and raises awareness, and patients can find each other on our website and social media.
So many more great projects are waiting for your support.
Keep me posted on all these worthwhile initiatives.
Rest assured, we will not bombard you with newsletters. But we will keep you informed on the latest initiatives and the best events by Pink Ribbon to show you what your support is achieving.